- The Villager reports Cindy Sheehan is urging people to wear orange:
Two days after announcing she will run against Nancy Pelosi because the House speaker won't impeach President Bush, Cindy Sheehan was in Union Square to help kick off a new “wear orange” campaign to protest the Iraq war. Read More.
- ABC NEWS:
"Impeachment is not a fringe movement, it is mandated in our Constitution. Nancy Pelosi had no authority to take it off the table," Sheehan told her group of orange-clad activists before they began their march from the national cemetery. Read More.
- David Swanson of Afterdowningstreet.org in The American Chronicle:
"Asking, “Do you want to see the Bush regime impeached and driven from office? Do you want the war in Iraq ended?” a new campaign challenges people to “Declare It Now! Wear Orange."Proponents of removing Bush and Cheney from office are wearing bright orange shirts, bandanas, ribbons and buttons, wrapping trees and cars in orange tape, and holding bright orange signs..." Read More.
- Protesters wear Orange to support a City Council resolution in Oregon calling for Bush and Cheney's Impeachment, on charges they "
intentionally misleading the nation into a bloody, protracted war" KTV Coverage Here.
- Bakersfield California reports on July 27th Declare it Now Orange Friday protest: Demonstrators wear orange in protest of President Bush
- Declare it Now makes news in Murdock, Florida Sun Herald article
- Daily Kos Diary features Declare it Now in a post called "My Son is in Iraq/The Country is Ready for Impeachment"
- Next Left Notes covers NYC's Union Square July 27th Declare it Now Event.
- More Orange Sightings! The Daily Texan reports:
" The activists left wearing orange ribbons, which they said symbolize the growing discontent among Americans about the war and the administration. The speakers encouraged citizens to send handwritten letters to state lawmakers and insist on support for impeachment." Read More.